Position Title: Strategy & Risk Manager
Working under the CEO, the position coordinates the integration, planning and implementation of strategic projects and objectives of the organization. The incumbent is further expected to coordinate and drive implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management framework for BoMRA to ensure that BOMRA successfully executes its strategic agenda.
Key Performance Areas
1. Coordinate the development of the corporate strategy of BOMRA by assisting in facilitating the processes of strategic analysis, choice, implementation, monitoring and measurement of strategic success
and the management of the BOMRA Enterprise Risk Management to ensure the Authority successfully
implements its mandate.
2. Establish an overall vision, plans, key milestones, and success measures for the Enterprise Risk Management.
3. Continuously scan both the internal and external environments to identify new risks and review the
profile of existing risks impacting on the achievement of strategic objectives of BoMRA.
4. To establish and periodically review the Authority’s Risk Policy, Risk Management Framework and associated procedures to enable functions to manage their risks.
5. Conduct regular risk assessments on at least an annual basis to validate risks for completeness.
6. Support the development of long-term organizational strategy.
7. Facilitate the cascading of the corporate strategy across department and units, including partnering with the Human Resource Function to establish linkage of the corporate strategy to individual performance contracts.
8. Align departmental goals, processes and resource allocation with the corporate strategy.
9. Drive and oversee the progress of multiple key strategic projects in BoMRA.
10. Maintain and monitor organisational risk registers, ensuring adequate measures are in place to mitigate identified risks.
11. Educate staff by means of regular risk communication and risk management trainings conducted at
appropriate levels within the BoMRA to inculcate a risk management culture.
12. Prepare quarterly risk analysis reports for Executive Management and the Board complete with actionable plans for avoiding or preventing potential threats at all levels
13. Ensure that the BoMRA strategy and associated risks are effectively communicated to employees and other key stakeholders.
• Degree in Business Administration or Management or
any relevant field
• Post-graduate qualification in relevant field
• Balanced Scorecard, Risk Management and Project
10 years experience, 5 years in Senior position in a Strategy
& Risk Management or Performance Management
1. Analytical and problem-solving skills
2. Credible truth teller
3. Excellent communication
5. Change agent
Chief Executive Officer
Botswana Medicines Regulatory Authority
Private Bag 2
Please send your application, latest CV and certified
copies of certificates and two (2) current reference
details to: email@example.com , clearly indicate
(Strategy & Risk Manager) on the Subject.
Closing Date for Submission: 16 June 2023
|Active, Administration, Business and Management